Christmas Ice-cream 'pudding'
Surprise your guests with an Ice-cream cake in the shape of a Christmas pudding... it's the perfect dessert for a hot Christmas day.
- 2 1/2 cups mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 tbsp brandy, sherry or liqueur of choice
- 1 orange, rind finely grated
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 2L vanilla ice-cream, softened slightly
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- glacé cherries, to serve
- chocolate shards, to serve
- Grease a 1.5L (6 cups) pudding basin and line with plastic wrap, allowing it to overhang the side. Combine the mixed fruit, almonds, icing sugar, brandy, orange rind, lemon rind and mixed spice in a large bowl. Set aside for 1 hour to macerate.
- Add the ice-cream to the fruit mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon into the prepared pudding basin and smooth the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer overnight to set.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes or until cooled and thickened slightly.
- Dip the base of the pudding basin in hot water and turn the ice-cream cake out onto a serving plate. Spoon over the cooled melted chocolate. Top with glacé cherries and chocolate shards. Serve immediately.
Recipe credit: taste.com.au