Easter bunny cupcakes
Treat your guests to extra special cupcakes this Easter!
- 450g can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (55g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- Green liquid food colouring
- Mini Lindt Gold Bunny chocolates, to decorate
- Coles Icing Mini Flowers, to decorate
- Cream cheese icing
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 16 holes of two ½-cup (125ml) muffin pans with paper cases.
- Drain pineapple in a sieve, pressing as much liquid from the pineapple as possible. Place the pineapple, carrot, flour, sugar, walnut and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Whisk the egg and oil in a jug until combined. Add to the carrot mixture and stir to combine. Divide evenly among the paper cases. Bake for 25 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese icing, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese and butter in a bowl until smooth. Gradually add icing sugar, in batches, beating well after each addition.
- Place the coconut in a large sealable plastic bag. Add a few drops of green food colouring. Seal the bag and shake until the coconut is evenly coloured.
- Spread the cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Sprinkle with the coconut. Top with chocolates and icing flowers.
Recipe credit: taste.com.au