Your Australia Day essentials sorted!
On Australia Day, we celebrate all the things we love about Australia. A beach barbie, a spot of cricket, throwing out a line, and most importantly spending time with family and friends in the great Australian outdoors.
To help you get Australia Day ready, for the ankle biters and all of your mates, we have put together a list of the essential items you will need to ensure you have a bonza Aussie beach camping holiday this Australia Day (at one of our 7 holiday parks of course).
1. The Australian sun can be harsh, so keep sun smart by the beach with these simple must-haves:
- Cossies, boardies and rashies
- Double Pluggers (thongs/flip flops/jandals)
- Beach towel
- Umbrella or quikshade
- Suncream to slip slop slap!
2. Apart from our one-of-a-kind larrikin personalities, we love our Aussie tucker. Here’s a list of some Australian culinary favourites:
- Snags (bangers) on the barbie, served in a slice of bread with sauce
- Lamingtons (yes, New Zealand, we’re claiming it!)
- Pavlova (yes, Germany, those too!)
- Meat pies with sauce
- Vegemite sangas
- Prawns or fish ‘n chips, or why not both?
- Anzac Bickies
- Icy poles
3. So, you’re being sun smart and you’ve been fed with true Australian tucker…what’s next? Whether you want to relax, get the party started, or you want to get competitive, here are some of our favourite Australia Day entertainers:
- Portable speaker(s) to listen to Triple J’s hottest 100
- Beach cricket
- Thong toss
- Inflatable beach balls
- Surfing & boogie boarding
For an all Aussie experience, don’t be a galah, get cracking, grab your mates and some good Aussie tucker to throw on the barbie and book your Summer Aussie Day holiday with us now.
We are fair dinkum about celebrating Australia Day, and you should be too! With these Australia Day essentials, you’ll be on your way to a ripper time and making the most of the last days of summer. You don't want to miss out, cabins and sites fill up fast, so now is the perfect time to book!