In this Policy the words “we”, “our” or “us” mean Tweed Holiday Parks and our related entities.
Information we collect
The type of personal information we collect includes:
- Your name and contact details.
- Identification details.
- Payment and transaction details/history.
- Details/history of preferences, interests and behaviour relating to transactions, products, services and activity with our digital services.
- Your computer IP address when visiting our website.
- Records of your communications and interactions with us, such as details of your previous dealings with us or any of the Tweed Holiday Parks.
- Financial information (e.g. for invoicing and payments of services, products, or personal credit information when you make payments to us).
- All staff are trained in Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
- Our identity and how to contact us.
- That he or she can access the information.
- The purpose for which we have collected the information.
- The organisations or types of organisations that we usually disclose the information to.
- Any law that requires information to be collected.
- The main consequences (if any) for the individual if all, or part of the information is not provided.
- Whether any personal information is likely to be disclosed overseas, and if practicable, notify the recipient
How We Collect Information
- In any discussions we have with you, whether in person or by telephone.
- Through transactions you make with us and our parks e.g. making a booking, participating in a promotion, competition, registering for a survey; or using a related digital service.
- Through customer feedback and survey forms.
- Through our website or email server by way of ‘cookies’. Cookies are small pieces of data that allow the website to remember something about you at a later time, for example by storing
- information of how you use the site. You may configure the web browser to refuse or disable cookies.
- Through our accounts and payments, you make.
- Through third parties, including companies running competitions on our behalf, and our agents.
- In our ability to provide our services to customers.
- In our ability to keep you informed of company updates and services information.
- In considering your application for employment with us.
- In our ability to respond to your inquiry or request.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- To assist you with queries.
- To process a booking or application that you have made.
- For surveys, direct marketing, promotions and competitions.
- To evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our website.
- To compose diagnostic and statistical information for our computer network.
- To facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of legal requirements and analysing our services and customer needs with a view to adopting new and/or improved services.
When you provide your personal details to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (for an indefinite period). Some personal information will be disclosed to an organisation, or people who assist in our direct marketing, for example an external marketing agency.
From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us, our related entities and business partners that we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you, it may be by mail, telephone, email or SMS.
Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
- Allow you to ‘opt out’ or in other words, allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications.
- Comply with a request by you to ‘opt out’ of receiving further communications within a reasonable time frame.
We will only ever contact you if you have consented to direct marketing, and you can ask to be removed from our marketing lists at any time by directly contacting us.
We always provide customers with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving future information via email. If you don’t wish to receive new information, please email email@example.com or call (07) 5523 4111.
The quality of your personal information
We believe it is important to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. To this end, our staff have procedures to monitor some of your personal information.
We also request that you contact us and tell us if any of your personal information has changed (e.g. your address), or if you believe that the personal information is inaccurate. After you advise us, we can then update our records and ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
You may contact us and request particulars of the personal information we hold about you and whether that personal information needs to be amended or corrected in any way. You may contact us by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (07) 5523 4111.
How we store and keep information secure
We are committed to maintaining the highest level of security of our client(s) files and personal information. We hold personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at our premises and with the assistance of our service providers.
We use the following security measures to protect personal information:
- Locked offices
- Locked files
- Passwords on all our computers
- A firewall on our computer network, which is monitored 24 hours a day
- Virus protection software
- Cyber Security Measures
We will keep personal information as long as we need it for the purposes in clause 3a and 3b of this policy, after which time we will destroy or de-identify the personal information. Otherwise we may keep personal information for any period required by law.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information to:
- A third-party contractor who may be performing services for us that involves your personal information such as our marketing partners in order to send you a copy of the Tweed Holiday Parks EDM, advertising agencies, and suppliers, etc.
- Any other party to which the law obliges us to.
We may exchange your personal information with service providers engaged to assist with services including data processing, data analysis, online computing, printing, contact management, legal, accounting, business consulting, marketing, research, auditing, delivery, security and mailing services.
Third parties to whom we disclose personal information to may be located overseas.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients do not breach the APPs in relation to your personal information, such as by seeking compliance with the APPs in our terms of engagement with those parties. In the event that personal information must be disclosed overseas other than as described above, we will endeavour to obtain consent from you.
Please contact us if you do not wish for your personal information to be disclosed overseas. If you do not contact us to make this request, and an overseas recipient of your personal information breaches the APPs, we will not be accountable under the Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.
We will not sell your personal information to marketing bodies without your consent.
Privacy queries, complaints and further information
Phone:(07) 5523 4111
Post: P.O. Box 1013, Tweed Heads, NSW 2485.
If you have any disputes or complaints, our Unit Co-ordinator will attend to them and may request that you put your dispute or complaint in writing. Our Unit Co-ordinator will investigate any dispute or complaint and respond to you within a reasonable timeframe.
For information about privacy in general, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or, on 1300 363 992.